Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let the blogging begin....

I have been wanting to do this for some time now; so here it is. My husband Shawn and I bought our first house almost a year ago. After looking at many different houses we chose a single fixer-upper with a backyard. Having a backyard was the only thing on our list that was a must because we were getting a dog at the end of the summer.

Meet Harper...



After getting laid off at the end of January I decided to use my time wisely and start projects around the house while looking for a job. Because money was tight we decided to give each other a different kind of gift for Valentine's Day's and paint our bedroom. It honestly was the best decision we made!

Here is a before picture of our bedroom....



I knew I wanted a gray purple colors for the walls and Shawn was all for it. So we went to Home Depot, picked a color and bought two gallons of paint. I loved the color of the sample but once we started putting it on the walls I was a little apprehensive about it. WOW was it purple! Shawn kept on telling me to relax and wait until the whole room was painted. I am so glad I listened to him because I am obsessed with the color of our bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. I love your makeover- including the wall color - looking forward to reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and love the painting!

    ReplyDelete